Friday, August 15, 2008

Correlation and causation

Just a correlation or possibly causation? Neither South Africa nor Canada, both countries I lived in, have managed so far to grab an Olympic medal. The wailing about their failing national teams is great in both these great nations. Let us hope that not too many people will commit suicide due to Olympic failures. Let us also hope that nobody thinks that there's more to this then just a correlation.

Hey, come to think of it, perhaps causality related suspicions might be the underlying rationale for the theft of my bike yesterday. Perhaps someone tried to punish me for the Canadian failure. I kind of doubt it, after all, had I not left it unlocked under a tree outside my house, quite likely it would still be there.

Ethical Progress on the Abortion Care Frontiers on the African Continent

The Supreme Court of the United States of America has overridden 50 years of legal precedent and reversed constitutional protections [i] fo...